Re: Proposed license policy

On 04 Dec 2000 23:22:23 -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> We're going to have to declare libgtop not part of the platform
> basically (which I think is OK, since it's main use is to implement
> gtop and various monitor applets). If the API is stable, we could make
> it the first part of a "GPL-only platform" if Martin wants that.

  I'd actually prefer this rather than forcing the whole platform to be
compatible with proprietary licenses.  The idea of having a GPL-only
platform and a non-GPL-only platform makes sense to me.

  Of course we need enough GPL libraries for this to be worthwhile...
(And this doesn't seem to be the case right now, but maybe things are
going to change and I'd like not to force people to LGPL their code.)

  What do other people think?

--
Ettore