Re: Proposed license policy

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
> Basically we don't want to declare the GNOME platform off-limits to
> proprietary software, or even in some sense to make proprietary
> software a second-class citizen, because the strategic cost of driving
> away developers would be greater than the benefit of giving free apps
> an advantage. Or at least I though this was what the GNOME community
> had agreed to.

I'd say it's probably fine to have a distinct and clearly-marked "GPL
devel platform." Though I'm not sure we have candidates for inclusion
in that yet; the only GPL library is GAL, and it seems like "shared
code between the office apps" rather than a general-purpose
lib. (Don't mean that to be a bad thing, I just don't see how it's
different from libgnomeui if the widgets are general-purpose widgets.)

Havoc