Re: bugzilla work items

Hi,
	Excute for jumping in the middle of the thread.
	Just have an overwheming urge  to make a  comment below.

>  To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
>  Cc: gnome-hackers gnome org
>  Subject: Re: bugzilla work items
>  From: Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>
>  Date: 03 Dec 2000 18:44:14 +0100
>
>  Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
>
>  > These are the things I think need doing to bring bugzilla.gnome.org
>  > into line with the current plans:
>  >
>  >  * Remove rep_platform and add os_details mediumtext field. Update
>  >    relevant pages.
>  >
>  >  * Make sure all references to 'program' in publically visible places
>  >    read 'product' instead.
>  >
>  >  ? Add NeedInfo status
>  >
>  >  ? Change resolutions to match my proposal of today
>  >    (INCOMPLETE/NOTABUG/NOTGNOME)
>  >
>  >  ? lowercase enumerations in public display
>  >
>  >  * Remove priorities entirely.
>  >
>  >  [ Is this what we want to do? Martin had this in his plan and no one
>  >    objected. The typical usage of them seems to be for tracking bugs
>  >    that need to be fixed for a particular release, but we have that
>  >    somewhat with the classification of severity into those that block
>  >    releases and those that don't, but its possible that some
>  >    people would want to make minor or trivial bugs release-critical.
>  >    (you mispelled my name in the README file!) ]
>
>  Hmm, that'd be a good reason to keep priorities (but rename them to something
>  better than P1...P5).

I think a P5 is really not necessary. In most development case, only P1-P3 gets
fixed. P4 is really left as a place holder and it is usually only got fixed when
the developers have lots of time to kill or as a useful execise for new
developers or as a reminder that a bug has been previously logged.

>  --
>  Martin Baulig
>  martin gnome org (private)
>  baulig suse de (work)