Proposed license policy

I'd like to propose the following to be officially adopted by the
board as an official standing policy for releases.

Please post suggested changes to the policy (note - I didn't say GPL &
LGPL only on purpose, as I feel that is way too contraining).

 - Maciej

GNOME License Policy (proposed)

* All packages released as part of a GNOME release (including an extra
  apps release or an office release) must be free software as
  determined by the Debian Free Software Guidelines / Open Source
  Definition. GPL is strongly preferred (except for libraries that are
  part of the devel platform).

* All libraries that become part of the GNOME development platform
  must have a license that allows for use by both GPL code and
  proprietary code. Acceptable licenses include LGPL, X-style license
  with no advertising clause, and dual MPL/GPL. LGPL is strongly
  preferred.