Re: Proposed license policy
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore helixcode com>
- Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposed license policy
- Date: 04 Dec 2000 10:22:12 -0500
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore helixcode com> writes:
> Uhm, I don't think this is right. It should definitely be possible to
> have libraries that are GPL.
But not as part of the "development platform." That would be a bad
idea. We should distinguish libs used by ourselves (such as GAL) from
libs we want everyone to develop against.
At the very least, we can't just mix GPL libs in with the other libs
on developer.gnome.org, people will use them accidentally. They have
to be clearly marked.
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev