request to get pickled

I would like for gnome to have, say, a command-line or environment variable flag, which
allows users to persist & restore screens, with their displayed values.
Thus, it could then be possible, for example, to write an Expect-like scripting language, which could kick off gFtp, wait for a login prompt, and automatically fill in username & password into
the appropriate text fields.
This script could then grab the remote directory listing, then call gedit and paste in the data.

Further, this could make it easier to do unit testing & xp.

We already have the Glade format for storing screens in. Since this is an option, it can be
turned off, for extra speed.

--
NY Harbor 2001-9-11 facts & photos  http://www.panix.com/~bingalls/