Re: Questions

delmar watkins wrote:

> I am not suggesting getting rid of Bash, only making a new shell that can be
> heralded as "easy to use" and "elegant."
>
> Umm... think of it like busybox;  there are  a lot of commands crammed in to
> one executable.  we don't need to get rid of the old structure, we just need
> a new interface to our computers.  Bash should remain Bash,

HP had a variant "ksh" (korn shell) that had context sensitive help,
displaying the common commands accross the bottom as buttons.  When
a command was type or selected, the options available would be
displayed, and a help button would bring up a fairly decent man
page.  The "dir" button would produce "ls" etc, when "ls" was
entered, options such as "long", "hidden", "1 column" etc. would
be the bottom buttons.  This would be useful both as a replacement
and a teaching tool.

--
Dominic Amann, <http://www.interlog.com/~damann/>
	Linux Based Solutions Ltd.,