Re: Questions

<quote who="delmar watkins">

> Keep bash for backword compatibility, but jeez, let's get something easier
> to use than the GNU tools for using our computers!  (Without resorting to
> a GUI, of course).

*plonk*

Dude, you are on some kind of interplanetary crack.

  You are posting to gnome-gui-list (yes, 'gui'),

  talking about how crap the GNU tools are (best of breed),

  giving examples that are purely bash oriented (try zsh),

  trying to talk nobody in particular to implement an overly verbose shell,

  for a problem domain in which brevity is king.

It's time to put your thinking cap on and IMPLEMENT IT YOURSELF. If you end
up having a similarly interplanetary cracked up audience, good for you.

- Jeff

--
  "GIMP is the primary tool in my graphics work. It is my gcc and Emacs."
                        - Tuomas Kuosmanen (tigert)