Re: Possible New User Interface Design Directions

I am replying on only one list, chosen randomly :)

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 02:00:15PM -0800, Matthew B Seigel wrote:
> www.mudtroll.com/uiconcepts/tasks/tasks.html
I think you areasking fo integrated email, calendar, project management.
Evolution is trying to do some of this.  Earlier, Sun did some of it
with their DeskSet, annd that was very popular.

> 2. Frames Interface Scenario
> www.mudtroll.com/uiconcepts/frames/frames.html
there are already window managers that work this way.
For me, if I'm in gimp (not PhotoShop, it's not Free :-) ) I might well
want all 1280x1024 pixels available to me. When I switch to dia to draw
a diagram, I want a sizeable area to draw in.  But I want to keep my
IRC window up at all times, so I can see if someone has aswered my
question about programming.

So I want overlapping windows, and I want to be able to type into the
wndow that's not necessarily the top one.

But I *do* agree that while we follow Microsoft and Apple, we will
always be following.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/