Re: adding a icon in GNOME panel as default?

> Hi,
>
> I want to add some icons in GNOME panel as default. I mean that
> there are Netscape, gnome-terminal icons in GNOME panel and
> I want to add Mozilla icons in panel.
>
> What file should I edit for global setting of it?
>
>  - Brian,.
>
> ps. If this is not proper mailling list to ask like this, let
> me know it.

This is an inappropriate mailing list.  This list has to do with
the UI design of Gnome, not technical questions.

However, the easy answer is:

  1. Right-click panel
  2. Select "Panel" submenu
  3. Select "Add-to-Panel" submenu from there
  4. Choose "Launcher..."

...fill out the dialog that appears.  Make sure to check "Save Session"
when you log out next time.  (I _think_ you need to do that.)

If the program already has an icon in your Foot menu, you can simply
click the icon and drag it onto your panel.

(eg, click the foot, move the mouse to the "gedit" item in the
Applications submenu, and then drag it onto your panel.  It'll copy
a launcher there.)

Enjoy!  Good luck finding the right list!  (I don't know what it would
be, off hand)

-bill!