Re: scripting

On 12 Mar 2001 11:38:48 -0800, John Sullivan wrote:

> on 3/11/01 9:00 AM, Jonas De Vuyst at jonas devuyst advalvas be wrote:
>
> >> My question might be stupid, but what if this feature would
> >> apear on the GUI. For exmaple : Imagine that your word
> >> processor can't handle a format but you have a converter.
> >> With the mouse you should redirect the "save as..." dialog's
> >> output into the converter's input.
> >
> > IIRC BeOS had a special API for converting file formats. I'm not
sure
> > but I vagely recall that there is being worked on that for Gnome...
it
> > could be my imagination though ;-). What I am (more or less ;) sure
of
> > is that someone is working getting "translators" into Nautilus.
>
> For what it's worth, I am unaware of any such work in Nautilus. At
least,
> there's nothing like that there now, nobody at Eazel is working on it,
and
> I'm not even sure there's a request for it in bugzilla.eazel.com.

I've looked it up and found the answers in the nautilus-list archive
from Februari 2001. My confusion seems to have gotten because I asked
two similar questions back then (heck, it still isn't all obvious to
me). I've pasted some excerpts below.

I'll submit a request to Bugzilla BTW.

Some excerpts that may clear things up (the first three happen to be the
most relevant ones):