Re: scripting

I am not sure if GNOME has a GUI scripting tool, but Sawfish certainly
does;  go to the sawfish page (sawfish.org) and look up the links
(I would do it for ya, but it seems that I can't get to the proper
link;  must be down right now).

However, that only covers window management, etc.  As to the behaviours
of the application itself, I am pretty sure that there are Python and
Perl bindings for Gnome/GTK, etc.  unfortunately, like all things linux,
there is very little cohesive scripting ability, but there are LOTS of
very powerful tools out there for you to work with to control GUI and
Window behaviour.