Re: scripting

> My question might be stupid, but what if this feature would
> apear on the GUI. For exmaple : Imagine that your word
> processor can't handle a format but you have a converter.
> With the mouse you should redirect the "save as..." dialog's
> output into the converter's input.

IIRC BeOS had a special API for converting file formats. I'm not sure
but I vagely recall that there is being worked on that for Gnome... it
could be my imagination though ;-). What I am (more or less ;) sure of
is that someone is working getting "translators" into Nautilus.

An API that all Gnome (and non-Gnome) apps could use would be sweet
though :-).

Jonas.