Re: why I don't use GNOME

mbabcock fibrespeed net (2001-03-05 at 1608.14 -0500):
> Someone (ahem) disagreed with me here, but all the scientific evidence I've
> seen is that when people blink, they (almost) always scan from lower left to
> center.  When new objects appear, people usually blink ... they may not pay
> much attention to the lower left, but that's where their eyes pass (if they
> blink -- lots of computer users don't do that much ;-).

Left handed people, right handed people or both kinds? Was culture
examined (directions of writing, ie) or all persons where from same
culture (Western, probably)?

<fill>
> > Uuum, what if all this things can be toggle via: Use MacOS | Windows |
> > whatevere style. I think if changes match as a group and do not
> > interfere with other things, the better, like GTK+ and wm themes, each
> > one its own, all happy and more user base. OK, somebody will raise
> > that too much configuration is bad, but I guess that are the reason
> > for user levels (some GNOME apps already do this, like Nautilus) and
> > extensibility (some too, like Sawfish).
> Besides "feature creep" reasons, Apple has already won "look and feel"
> patents, so I wouldn't do that ;-)

They lost with MS, did not they? And won patents is not the same that
hold them in court. As well as country X with patent about Foo no the
same than country Y where patent does not exist yet, or is unable to
exist.

> > > I may have a copy, or I may not (Apple doesn't want anyone to have it
> > > ... )... E-mail me.
> > A copy of what?
> Of the Enlightenment eMac theme.

Aah, no thanks, using SF with "own" theme (images mine, source based
in smaker).
</fill>

GSR