Re: ui design guidelines

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 10:59:20AM +0100, Jeroen Zwartepoorte wrote:
> This is probably a FAQ, but i couldn't find it on the gnome.org website:
>
> Is there a ui design guidelines document?

Not really, no. There's an old document in CVS which I'm trying to
revive, and there are rumours that Arlo Rose has something up his
sleeve, but at this stage there's nothing that answers your question.

> (how large a border does one
> have around components in a frame/dialog etc.)

My advice is, look at what other people have done, try with a number
of different themes, and pick something that looks nice. I'm sorry I
can't give you a better answer.

colin

  rtnl  http://rational.cjb.net     c z robertson ndirect co uk
  ak    http://kitching.cjb.net                    icq 13294163