Re: running this by you: Application Launch Detection for Gnome

Mary Dwyer ireland sun com (2001-01-31 at 1720.51 +0000):
> With these issues/suggestions in mind I did some experimenting and
> came up with the attached 'prototype'.

Next time post URLs, not over 1.5MB mails. Some of use have limited
bandwith, and pay phone (or have mixed systems if lucky). Even lists
about images have acceptable limits, one I know is 100KB or less
(wonderfull images in that size or smaller, if you ask).

Should I run a binary libs I got without signature? For this, things
should be signed (GPG, ie), like distros do. Even source, if we are
picky.

BTW, I thought source and patches were a common thing these days,
specially if speaking about GNOME and GPL / LGPL code. That way
anybody can check what is going, at all places, including libs, and
nobody breaks licenses.

And I want an "attached" Sparc to test both versions. And I guess PPC
people will be happy if you send a x86 machine too, even if just to
test and then sell as second hand. Or see point about source. :]

Thanks in advance. ;]

GSR