DoubleClick vs. Single Click (was: Re: New GNOME UI Proposal)

The user doesn't have to use double click in Nautilus (or Windows Explorer
or, I think, MacOS Finder). Select a file with a single click, go to the
File menu and select Open or Open With. For a more somewhat more advanced
user, one can right-click on the file and select the same options from the
context menu. Still more advanced users can use double click for quick
access to the primary action.

I know this doesn't quite apply to the above discussion, but I think it is
helpful to look at double-click in these terms to see what it really is; a
shortcut to using the menus.
--
Chris Altmann