Re: Reprise of the panel layout proposal

Sorry for the grammer but I could perhaps write
in norwegian..? No..?
=)

James Ramsey wrote:
>The idea is to keep the naive user out of a "mess" in
>the first place. Bear in mind that these "messes"
>aren't really ones that are difficult to get out of
>per se, only ones that a naive user may not be able
>figure out without help of some kind. For such a naive
>user, providing a complicated way to get out of a
>simple mess would be more confusing.

>Less is more.

Even if stopping the user from doing this is possible
I don't know if I like the idea. I belive the right
thing to do is to establish something that work as
an undo feature.

M$ have a failsafe login solution and that seems right
to me. Only problem with that is they also block any
possibility to change the system, which somewhat
counteracts the purpose.

Glynn Foster wrote:
>Well I'm currently working on multi-session support for the panel...
>well 'working' is a rather strong word, as I haven't actually started
>it yet....but gnome-session will be linked into the panel...ie.
>according to what your session is, a suitable panel will be loaded...
>so if the session is failsafe, a failsafe panel will be loaded...

Seems to me to be the right thing to do.

John