Re: For a GUI that is easier to use

But what about a situation where you have two more or less similar
applications but only one of them do the job?

For example; you hva Gimp and Corel Photo (whatever) and only
Gimp uses the apropriate plugin?

I like the idea but it can be extreamly difficult to get working.

One idea I used some years ago. In an application we had a set of
actions for different objects. The different members of the project
group split in two camps, thos in favor of object menus (more or
less object methods) and those in favor of toolbar buttons and
states (function like interface). The last solution has historical
preferences, the first one seems to be more "right". Funny thing
was that both could be defined as tasks where you reorganised the
order you did some operations (select object, then choose method or
select virtual method and then the objects).

In general it seems to me that tasks is closer to how people think
than both object-style gui's and function-style gui's.

John

I agree as well.  Just think of the integration between programs which
adopt a similar strategy, we might be able to save some time in
accomplishing our work.  Not a bad thought, great idea!!

Kevin