Re: slowness

On 28 Feb 2001 16:47:41 -0500, Mitch Allmond wrote:
> Sorry if this isn't the appropriate list and sorry for any negative
> comments. However, why is Nautilus so freaking slow? I think it looks
> great and it has many nice features but does this really make up for the
> fact that it's very slow? I almost want to stick to old versions of
> gnome along with windowmaker due to the increasing bloat. Once again,
> sorry for any negative comments but it's a issue that should be brought
> up.

You're right, there are Nautilus specific lists. Firstly, its worth
remembering that Nautilus is a pre-release. Otherwise, some report
switching off the smooth graphics in the preferences speeds things up,
personally I found switching off some of the tabs in the side bar really
got things moving (right click the sidebar to do this).

Mike

--
Mike Newman, Weston-super-Mare, UK | http://www.gtnorthern.demon.co.uk
"I think the internet is the greatest waste of time since masturbation