slowness

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate list and sorry for any negative
comments. However, why is Nautilus so freaking slow? I think it looks
great and it has many nice features but does this really make up for the
fact that it's very slow? I almost want to stick to old versions of
gnome along with windowmaker due to the increasing bloat. Once again,
sorry for any negative comments but it's a issue that should be brought
up.