lil' help

Here is my correspondence at this point. Hopefully, this will help in
understanding my intentions for wanting to be included in the mailing list.

Thanks,
Creighton

Matthias Warkus wrote:

> A GNOME style guide you could help with is currently underway somewhere, I
> think that the Sun people are doing something about this.

Just to clarify...  Arlo Rose at Eazel is doing the majority of the work
on the style guide at the moment; I think he may be hoping to present a
draft at Guadec.  Some of us Sun guys (and gals) will be helping out as
and when we can though, probably on areas like accessibility guidelines
and usability testing.

Cheeri,
Calum.

Matthias Warkus wrote:
> Great! A real UI designer!
>
> What would you like to do? Work on artwork, on program interfaces, on
> style guides, or something else?

Creighton,

what you might want to do is join the gnome-gui-list gnome org mailing
list. Surely UI help is needed, and I think that's a good place to share
the opinions I'm sure you have.
You can subscribe on the
http://lists.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-gui-list page.

Christian

+++ Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 12:59:02AM -0500 +++
creighton chamberlain e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the
break.
> I am an interface designer. I would love to help out with your project. Let
> me know what I can do.

Great! A real UI designer!

What would you like to do? Work on artwork, on program interfaces, on
style guides, or something else?

For artwork, probably Tigert is at the moment the best partner, as I'm
currently not doing anything in that area. If you want to improve
GNOME's user interfaces, review some applications and mail your expert
opinion to the author(s) or the respective mailing lists. A GNOME
style guide you could help with is currently underway somewhere, I
think that the Sun people are doing something about this. There might
be other tasks you might prefer...

Perhaps the best thing to do if you don't know yet is to inquire on
the GNOME mailing list(s). Heh! I know! I'm CCing this reply to the
gnome-hackers mailing list so they'll come to know you.

(To the gnome-hackers folks: If you've got a task for Creighton,
please send him mail directly to <creighton chamberlaindesign com>.)

Bye,

mawa

creighton_chamberlain: interactive_designer;

t. 718.840.0018
e. creighton chamberlaindesign com
check it out -> http://www.chamberlaindesign.com