Icon app launch feedback

> However, I would also extend this to the FUNCTIONALITY of the icons:  why
not
> increase the feeback the user gets?  It could be subtle, non-intrusive
ways to
> add depth to the interface without necessarily adding a lot to the
> memory/processing time of the interface....

Here's an idea for application launch feedback that I don't _think_ has been
brought up:

Animate the icon which the user clicked on!  In other words, make the icon
turn into an hourglass or something.

Why?

-Users don't look at mouse states, I've read
-Taskbar notification if far from where the user's attention is, as are
throbbers
-Icon _is_ where the user's attention is at the moment of clicking
-But the icon might be covered up by the opening app window.
-Titlebar notification is good too, IMO. I like combined titlebar/icon
notification, myself.

Gerry