Re: Menu guidelines updated

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 04:59:18PM +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> As I see it, a program that runs in GNOME doesn't *have* to have a menu
> bar at all, when the functionality the program provides doesn't require
> it. You still have the close button in the title bar which even newbie
> users can find easily.

Unless they use a window manager that doesn't provide that option in
the title bar, or that doesn't show title bars.

Probably the style guidelines need a section on interaction with the
window manager.  Personaly I'd like to see the title bar and the meny
bar integrated, to save screen space and to get rid of the window
manager menu being different from the application's menus.

Liam

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org