gnome control center

Dear friends,
    I am searching for Windows API kind of utility in
Gnome, is it there ?

	My aim is to catch user events while he/she is
working on pc and store the info in a database like
mysql.

	I think sawfish window manager --> matching window
may be useful in specifying perticular action taken
while any event is done on specified window, though i
don't know about it, can you tell me what is matching
window ?
                                Jimi Shah.