Re: SV: Gimp-style menus

> Okay, how about making the menu but with the option that the
> popup menu pops up with the cursor next to the Object
> Methods (usually what the person wants to access in the
> first place).

> David Grega

There was also some attempts to use a more specific but much larger
menu system where you posted the menu to some "assumed" state. We called
this "click to post". This is more or less what you say but much more
complex.
You could for example post a menu with a submenu open.

That isn't really a good idea because the user often gets something he don't
want. To avoid this we had the idea to use some modifier key but then
we shifted the speed gain into an expert function. Not good at all.

Jeff is somewhat off by making assumptions about what items are more
frequent
than others. We had extensive use case analysis about frequency of use.

Shi