Re: Gimp-style menus

> One additional point, in a speed menu there should be no
> submenus. This is a serious constraint to what you can put
> into it. It is much faster to move the pointer to the
menubar
> and access some items in a drop-down menu then traversing
> into deep submenus.

I agree, submenus can be a pain when you need to do
something in a hurry.  However, getting around the problem
of limited length - perhaps we should allow the menu to take
on a "second column" like the old Windows 95 (without MSIE4)
start menu.  I know there will always be people that pile a
million things into those menus if they can and we should
allow it.