Re: terminology

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:04:50PM -0700, Oliver Logghe wrote:
> How many places would this actually have to be changed to make the GUI
> consistent? Just changing the standard gnome file dialogs would fix most
> applications. Only the few applications which either do not use the
> standard dialogs or deal directly with the file system layout in their
> user interface (e.g. file manager, GNOME search tool, cd burning
> programs) would need to be changed directly.

I suspect there are more changes than you'd think. The programs you've
mentioned are the obvious ones, but here are a few which you might not
have expected: Electric Eyes, Electric Ears, GQView, X-Chat, gFTP,
Pan, Gnapster, XMMS, Gnome Menu Editor, EasyTag, Glade, LATTE... At a
very, very rough estimate I'd say around 50% of programs make some
reference to directories. As I see it, it's not really a matter of the
number of occurences, but the number of maintainers that you have to
contact.

colin