Re: terminology

On 19 Apr 2001 10:47:04 -0400, Michael T. Babcock wrote:

> If the Gnome project took all the GNU software they wanted and released patches
> and patched RPMs changing "Directory" to "Folder" in all cases for consistency, I
> doubt anyone would make a fuss.  The point is consistency.  If you, as an author
> don't like that possibility, don't use GPL.  Note: I fully support GPL, the point
> is that attitude and the GPL go together in some cases.
>
> --
> Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
> http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/

How many places would this actually have to be changed to make the GUI
consistent? Just changing the standard gnome file dialogs would fix most
applications. Only the few applications which either do not use the
standard dialogs or deal directly with the file system layout in their
user interface (e.g. file manager, GNOME search tool, cd burning
programs) would need to be changed directly.