Re: Gimp-style menus

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 05:51:27PM +0200, Guillermo S. Romero /
Familia Romero wrote:
> And Gimp is also another example of non MDI systems, which is
> completly different to other OS, where everything is tied to a big
> window or some other kind of grouping. Maybe the problem is that
> people want a perfect copy, not another app.

This is quite a problem when it comes to writing the UI guidelines.
Dialogs were easy in that respect, but now that I'm working on menus
I'm coming up against a lot of tricky questions about quite high-level
issues. I'll try to pose some of these questions to the list at some
point soon.

> BTW, since when Gimp is a GNOME app?

I'm not sure. I was under the impression they were aiming for greater
Gnome integration. Anyway, that doesn't really matter. What I was
interested in were people's opinions on that style of menu where
_everything_ is accessible via a right-click.

colin