Re: Terminology

--- Begin Message ---
Mike Newman wrote:

> Perhaps we should also advocate the use of a Druid for initial setup. In
> my opinion, the first time I see the application window I should be able
> to use the program - OK, I may need to tweak it to use the colours,
> keys, or fonts of my choice but is should "just work". If there is stuff
> an app needs to know to actually function, a druid on first run is ideal
> for gathering this info.

I must agree.  I despise running a program for the first time and having it
not ask any questions, then tell me that the settings are wrong.  CD burner
software should ask which device your CD burner is.  ICQ program should
(and GnomeICU does) ask what your ICQ # is.  Etc.

--
Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/

--- End Message ---