Re: [Re: Document-based applications]

On 12 Apr 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > Argh... how many times will that appear? It must be [Overwrite] [New
> > Name] [Cancel]. Never [Yes] [No] [Cancel] if right verbs exist.

One thing that I keep missing here is the question which button will have
the default focus (e.g. will be activated when the user presses
Enter).Especially in an 'Overwrite?' dialog this obviously should not be
the Overwrite button, but one of the others (preferably Cancel), because
of the risk to activate it accidentally.

> > >   Maybe the untitled documents should be numbered.
> > >   'Read-only' status should be indicated somehow as well.

jEdit has a small 'lock' icon for this.

--

Reinout van Schouwen
e-mail    : reinout cs vu nl