Re: Document-based applications

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 04:45:45PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> * File|Exit
>   Should show the 'File | Close' functionality for each document in turn,
> bringing the document's instance to the foreground before doing so.

No it shouldn't. It should bring up a summary window of all open
documents, in a list, with a "Save and close" button, and a "Discard"
button that apply to the items in the list, a "Don't exit" button that
uses "Esc" as the shortcut key, and an "Exit" button that is default,
but does not become enabled until every item in the list is dealt
with. The list should be multi-select, so you can just select
everything and "Save" or "Discard".

I find it very annoying to have to go through a series of identical
dialog boxes for every file I have open - if there's a lot of files I
want to discard, I might accidentally discard changes to a file I
want.

--