Re: Hi all

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> And BTW I don't really see the point of hourglasses in a
> multitasking environment. And talking about them when the
> current mouse pointers status in sawmill is so broken is
> IMHO pointless.

Hourglass pointers can certainly still serve a purpose in a multitasking
environment, but they shouldn't be needed on a system-wide level.
Individual windows or panes should still employ them when they are
temporarily non-interactive for some reason, though.

But starting an application doesn't necessarily fall into this
category... other desktops have found other ways to show this, such as
animating the desktop icon that launched it (not much good for command
line launches, admittedly), and optionally adding some supplementary
audio feedback... how about a sample of the Countdown clock, UK users?
:o)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson ireland sun com    http://www.sun.ie