Re: Hi all

kevincu orci com (2000-09-08 at 1639.41 -0600):
> 1. On the taskbar list, the GNOME icon (the foot) is highlighted when I
> select the task and has a highlight of yellow "lightening" around the
> foot.  I consider this a waste of screen real estate.  Might I suggest
> getting rid of the foot icon and allow for the shading of the selected
> task to be a "colored" or "banded" with a selected color.  If not, how
> about the icon of the program is in it's place.

Have you tried to remove icons? I did, no space wasted at all. I have
some screenshoots of my settings, but you can try yourself faster.

> 2. The GNOME File Commander has a UI feature which I think should be
[...]

GNOME Midnight Commander is going to be replaced.

> 3. When Macs (and Windows) start up a program, the mouse pointer has the
> sand timer come up or a watch had rotating.  When I've shown GNOME to
> first time users, that's what they first ask, "Is the program started?"
> A task bar should be "initialized" to show the "startup" of the program
> until it is ready to be used.  This should be a two step process: task
> bar is initiated and is "unuseable" until the program is ready, then it
> should be like normal task bars.

IIRC there already something in the work. And, for the multitask
brains, the current system is great, no stupid wait, keep on working
in other things.

> 4. The #8 comment in Widgets and Behaviors is confusing.  First
> impression is that Ok and Yes are the same thing.  What gives?

The normal (smart?) decission is to avoid both and put a verb.

GSR