Re: GUI Guidelines Document on Web site

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> What would it take to place a GUI Guidelines document on the web site?
> We'd like to start putting it together so that everyone can see it and
> refer to it.

It would take Arlo to give you a copy of the guidelines he's writing
:o)  I think it would be unwise to start a separate effort now only to
be superceded by the first draft of the "official" document shortly
afterwards.

I'd already started drafting a document that we could use within Sun
until the official guidelines appeared, for example (primarily
constructed from the ashes of previous community attempts to write Gnome
guidelines docs in the past), but I doubt if it would be worth making it
public right now-- even if it was in a coherent state!  I think it will
be more beneficial to use what I've written so far as feedback into
Arlo's document when it appears, and I'd guess that probably goes for
anyone else who's working on guidelines bits and bobs at the moment,
too.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, User Interface Designer  Sun Microsystems Ireland