Re: Beyond Nautilus 1.0

> Marc Fearby wrote:
>
> I may seem a little harsh in my reply and for good reason. Linux got
> where it is today by modularising everything and resisting the one
> size fits all approach.

Nautilus is heavily modular. Don't like a component's behaviour? Remove it.
Simple as that.

"Linux got where it is today by..." is getting a similar ring to it as "In
Hitler's Germany..." ;)

> I want XMMS to play my MP3 files inside an XMMS window I can control,
> not a bloody file manager! The moment a bloated Nautilus is integrated
> with Gnome I'll be switching to XFCE or KDE!

That's okay. :)

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------------- http://slug.org.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.