Re: Running vs starting apps [rambled to: global shortcuts]

Someone wrote:
>So at least we're not yet at the point of the
>"only-one-single-binary-database-that-if-you-screw-it-
>screws-everything-and it-is-only-to-be-edited-with-
>one-single-gui-tool-don't-you-dare-using something-
>else" horror that is the Windows registry.

Too late. They've already ported that to linux--it's
called RPM ;). The registry is pretty bad, but a hosed
RPM database ain't a pretty sight, either. I wonder if
apple would sue us if we copied the bundle system from
OSX/Darwin? It seems like a far more robust
application management system than either RPM or the
windows registry.