Re: Testing & A Suggestion :)

summer OS2 ami com au (2000-11-25 at 1950.42 +0800):
> > I don't know if that's the answer to your question, but some Linux
> > distros (at least Red Hat 6.2 and 7) sets the window title of terminal
> >  windows to something prompt-like, with information about user, host,
> > and  current directory.
> and how I wish it wouldn't. My terminal windows are often a means to ssh off
> to some other machine, and the window title remains "summer possum etc"

Two options:
- nuke your local config to use basic prompt.
- change remote config to show info.

To learn how to get nice prompts, or plain ones, under bash read
http://www.interlog.com/~giles/bashprompt/howto/index.html. Other
shells should have similar docs or at least features.

GSR