Fra: delmar watkins [mailto:delmar merilus com]
Sendt: 23. november 2000 19:33
Kopi: gnome-gui-list gnome org
Emne: Re: Testing & A Suggestion :)

That is a good point.  Actually, it is a 'problem' I have with gnometerm.  On the
HP boxes I use to co-administer, the HP terminals were allowed to have names...
essentially you could name them kind of like you can name tabs in Powershell.
This made life MUCH easier.

In HPterm, I think the titlebar only showed what it was named.  So if you named a
term 'FOO' and another 'BAR', then that is the only info you got.  Gnome terms, on
the other hand, sometimes show info like which vi session you are in, etc.  Why
not combine the two?

Is it possible (or already done and I don't know about the feature) that we could
name the terms, then also have status info in the titlebar?  for example, if
I name the term FOO and am editing BAR, it would look like:
0|  FOO:  vi
/home/me/bar
|X|

This would also allow easier transition to other things, like the enlightenment
iconbox 'snapshot view' (which I love).

If one can already name a terminal, then the problem should be solved (and someone
please write me and tell me how this is done).  If not, then that feature would
solve many of the problems.