keyboard bell

I am a new Linux user and have a suggestion-- I hope this is the proper
forum.  I recently installed RedHat 7.  I am very impressed with Linux
and with Gnome.  I had a very frustrating experience, however, in trying
to disable the keyboard bell.

I was annoyed with the beep that happened every time I used tab
completion.  I looked for a way to disable it, to no avail.  I searched
the web for things like "linux beep", "pc speaker off", etc.  I read the
visual-bell-HOWTO, which did not help.  (The HOWTO suggests a
speakerectomy, but I did not want to resort to that.)  Frustrated, I
searched Usenet, the RedHat site, and linux.org documentation.  By this
time I was on a mission.  I finally found the page at
http://www.docs.cs.huji.ac.il/RedHat-6.1-guides/rhgsg/gccmm.htm , which
shows the Gnome settings I needed.  But my Gnome Control Center did not
have Keyboard Bell setting!  I searched the all through the Gnome
documentation.  FINALLY, I found what I was looking for.  The keyboard
bell settings had been moved to Peripherals!  I easily turned the bell
off.

In my opinion, the PC speaker settings more properly belong under
multimedia.  But if something is going to be changed like that, please
make a note in the documentation!

Thank you,
Chris Murray