Re: SV: (no subject)

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 10:19:39AM +0100, Blad, John Erling wrote:
> >The point being that
> >perhaps some people see asking for help as an admission of defeat.
>
> Good point.. "Help" is more or less standardized, is there any good
> ideas out there how to make it less obvious that the user is asking
> for help? That is "offering some advice" instead.
The suggestion in the book I read was "Explain", and I have always
liked that.  I am not saying, let's change all Help menus to Explain
menus, though, brcause I don't think that's enough.

The documentation would have to be written with the idea that the
computer is at fault for being too difficult to use, too.

I'm not sure how one would do that in practice...

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org