Re: (no subject)

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Liam Quin">
>
> > The word "explain" implies that it's the computer's fault for being
> > unclear, not the user's fault for being stupid, and hence using an
> > Explain menu doesn't bruise the ego.  Or so it was claimed.
>
> This is very good... and ought to be mentioned next time context-sensitive
> help comes up. Another topic entirely, of course. :)

I guess the issues we're discussing here are no different than the
Florida voting: what constitutes a vote? ;-)  At some point, the user
needs to learn and follow directions.  My mother bought a Mac years ago
and once remarked "I wish the computer had terms which I understood."
What we're doing is trying to make sure the "ballot" is easy to
understand, since we don't vote often, it becomes a frequency issue. Oh
well, on with the issue at hand ...

Kevin