Re: User interface suggestions

Highlighting in menus *should* be tested as it is easy
to make so much clutter that they will be slow to use.

It is a really good idea to get some information about
how the user utilize the menus. How to use that information
should be a matter of preference.

No distro should default to a boldface-blinking-red style.
But sure, there are some who would love it..

I would like promotion of duplicate entries from submenus
into the root menu and add them there as the last entries.

Something like
| Edit |   Show
+-------------+--------------------------
| Undo        |
| Redo        |
+-------------+
| Cut         |
| Copy        |
| Paste       |
+-------------+
+-------------| | Stupid #1  |
| Unread      | | Stupid #2 >| +----------+
| Reread      | | Stupid #2  | | Oh No #1 |
| Nearly read | | Stupid #2  | | Oh No #2 |
| Not wanted  | | Foo        | | Bar      |
+-------------+ +------------+ | Oh No #4 |
| Foo         |                +----------+
| Bar         |

In this (a bit stupid menu system) the entries "Foo" and "Bar"
are detected as common and promoted to the tail of the root
(of this) menu.

As long as you scroll down it don't matter if you have to scroll
to the end compared to navigationg into the submenus. Actually
you will have trouble getting any valid timing info when it's
in a single menu pane. That's not true if it's in a submenu...

John