Re: Scrollbars and arrows; also the mouse.

Gerry Chu wrote:
> > The location of the scrollbar may best go the way of the MDI and the
> > notebook tabs; make a gnomecc item for it. Don't forget the weirdos,
> > whoever you think they may be. (I disabled those in emacs and jade
> > doesn't have any.)
>
> I'm still thinking about where to draw the line in regards to
> customizability.  Somebody (sorry, I forgot whom!) said on this list that we
> shouldn't customize things because they're difficult decisions to make, and
> I fully agree with that point.  Target features and customizabitily not for
> a small minority, but for the "average GNOME user."  Can't make everyone
> happy, unfortunately.

I agree that "we shouldn't customize things because they're difficult
decisions to make" but I think we should be able to customize
everything. In other words, we shouldn't use customizability as an
excuse for not having good defaults.

I think GNOME should be made for advanced users, but not be too dificult
to learn. Although now maybe most people are newbies, for how long do
you think they will be newbies? :)

As it is, gnomecc will be very clutered if we add too many things. It
should be changed. (Yes there was a lot of discussion on in a while
back)

--
Ivan Jager