Re: Document Centricity in GNOME [LONG]

>> What about VNC?
>Well, VNC would do it, but it also allows other things to view it.
>And the security of VNC against other connections seems limited (a

VNC security could be enhanced, using port filtering. And IIRC you can run
it via ssh too.

>little password).  I really lean towards Xnest (an xserver running in
>a window) but I don't know if it's safe enough.

Safe? I dunno, but I have tested it. Runs fine a fvwm2, some nxterm, and
other small apps. But it can not run Gimp, Gnumeric or Xnest inside Xnest
(all old versions, RH 6.0 is the only thing I can use at this moment, except
Gimp that was 1.1.9, old but no so much). You try any intensive task, and it
goes down like a rock (error about XCopyImage and things like that). Even
the man page comments the random core dumps. :[

I have used VNC with GNOME, and it works. If we can solve the "hole"
problems, it should be enough to sandbox apps.

GSR