RE: Document Centricity in GNOME [LONG]

> "Open Safely" gives the user the implication that opening a file normally
> using the plain "Open" command in _unsafe_.

>>Is your only objection to the name? How about "Open Restricted"? If the
>>mechanism is good, we can look for a better name later.

Perhaps quarantine?

In addition, I don't think that "Open Safely/Restricted/Quarentine" should
display code by default.  Most people can't read it.

At this point, how vulnerable to malicious attacks/virus/trojan horses are
Unix-like OSes?  In other words, is there a program that when run, can do
substancial damage?

Cheers,

Gerry Chu
gerrychu@bigfoot.com