Re: scroll bar and drop down list usability

> Hi Folks,
>
> It increasingly strikes me that scroll bars should be located on the left
> side of windows rather than the right.  The same is true of the button which
> displays the list for drop down list controls.
>
> Of course I'm assuming a left-to-right language, like english.
>
> My cursor is usually close to the left side of the page.  Why not put
> commonly used controls nearby?  That would make my wrist happy.
>
> Even better would be a configurable option for the placement of these
> things.  And there are undoubtedly others I haven't considered.
>
> Thanks, Mark Bullock

Thats a very cunning idea... I don't know why people didn't think of
having scroll bars etc on the left before.  They have just always been on the
right.
Though i think people will be accustomed to the old way, and if you made it
customisable
maybe making defaulting to the left side could be of benfit.

t.E.