only 1 listview!?

This may have been brought up before, but I feel it necessary to beat the old
drum... (no it is not a vi - emacs debate ;-) As a former Amiga user I find the
interface of Midnight Commander really leaves a lot to be desired. I mean the
fact that it copies Windows Explorer so much as to be pathetic. And the screen
shots I have seen of Nautilus look like more of the same.

The reason I get so upset is because I miss the tremendous versatility of the
old paned source - destination listviews in the old Amiga fms like Directory
Opus and DirWork, even RO would be nice right about now. Editing a simple
config file and you could have a row of buttons between panes that would allow
you to copy a file from on place to another. and actually see where it was
going to wind up. Not to mention launching apps with a selected file name and
using  dearchive utility and having the target directory diplayed right before
you.  Currently the only way to acheive this is to run 2 copies of MC at the
same time, which seems a bit awkward.

Just my 2 cents worth.

./romp