gnomecc and blackbox

Hello!  I'm new here, so I'm not absolutely sure that this is the proper forum for this question, but here it goes anyway...

I'm using Debian Woody with XFree86 3.3.6-10, Helix GNOME 1.1-helix3, and the Blackbox window manager 0.60.3-5.  Blackbox is not a GNOME-compliant or even session managed window manager, but I've been using GDM as my login manager, selecting `Debian' from the Session menu.  I need to know if there's a way to call gnomecc from my ~/.xsession file that will set up my screensaver and DPMS timing.  I'm currently using a script that sets paramaters via xset, but it's doing some funny things, and I'd rather be able to make adjustments to my settings with gnomecc.

When I had KDE installed, I could set up my screensaver and DPMS timings with KControl, and then call `kcontrol -init &' from the ~/.xinitrc file, and kcontrol would use those ss/dpms timings with any window manager I used.  Does gnomecc have a similar function?  Do I need to do something else funky?  Any help is appreciated.

--
-=|JP|=-

"You must only realize that the spoon does not exist."